Local News

Two Ekitipoly Staff Electrocuted On Campus

Two staff of the Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti, on Monday died of electrocution while carrying out their statutory duties on campus.

The victims were staff of the Department of Works and were said to have died while working on a defective borehole.

The deceased, identified as Mr. POP and Mr. Tony, while working on the borehole, attempted to remove a galvanised pipe for repair, not knowing that it had gone up to the extent that it could touch a high tension wire around the area.

Immediately it made contact with the high tension wire, the duo were electrocuted.

Friends of Mr. Tony recounted how he had promised to foot their bills at the school cafeteria after the close of work as a means of celebrating the Toyota Camry he recently bought.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *