Moments after Oyinkansola Saraki made jest of her brother on live TV, Nigerians have started listing his achievements as a former Governor of Kwara Stat, (2003-2011).
According to one of the online users that listed his achievements, he pledged to pay the transportation fare of anyone who wants to verify his claims.
He also added that the blame should be on the incumbent Governor and not Saraki, because he[Saraki] created the modern Kwara.
While replying to Reno Omokri’s post condemning what Oyinkansola said on Live TV, the man said;
She isn’t known in Kwara that much… she is only trying to take advantage of the current situation.. Gbemi is Saraki’s sister.
Saraki created the modern Kwara.
He touched all sectors in Kwara.
1. Power and Energy (Ganmo step down power plant, transformers and rural electrification and many more)
2. Health ( the new General Hospital along Taiwo/Surulere road, renovation of general hospital Offa, and others, built and equipped ultra-modern Diagnostics center, etc)
3. Education ( Kwara state University, Built schools and renovated old ones through UBE, obviously, not all.. but he touched a lot, especially when Bolaji Abdullahi was commissioner of education)
4. Sport ( renovated the stadium, upgraded Kwara United, kwara football academy, etc)
5. Agriculture( shonga farms and Zimbabwe farmers, loan and scheme to farmers in Kwara, etc)
6. Road ( new roads were constructed, first and only fly over in Ilorin, dualization of several road, obviously not everywhere, but he touched a lot in this area too)
7. Water ( he expanded the Agba and Asa Dam etc..)
8. Jobs ( He created enabling environment to the private sector which created more jobs. Some of them are Dangote, Lubcon, Kamwil, new Tuyil, and many more…, he also reinstated over 1000 civil servants that Gov Muhammed sacked)
9. Housing (He did low cost housing estates, Mandate estate, Irewolede new estate etc)
10. Market( he built new ultra modern market in Ilorin)
11. Aviation( he renovated Ilorin international airport, he started a Aviation college)
12. Kwara must clean ( he created this new scheme just to create employment and also to make the state clean.. thousands of people were employed through this too)
He went further to add;
Go to kwara tomorrow, if you can’t afford it, I will pay for your trip and hotel, and go and check all these that I have listed.
Saraki was governor between 2003-2011, and Gov Ahmed took over.
The present situation in Kwara should be on Ahmed and not Saraki.. I am not a politician, reason why everything shouldn’t be politicized, same way Offa robbery was politicized, you can blame Saraki for everything, you can call him anything you want, I really care less.. at the same time, you can’t ignore his achievements and rubbish them as if he didn’t do anything.
Kwara didn’t have anything before Saraki came in…
Also, it seems like you are really confused about who is the current governor of Kwara state tho…
Whatever happened in Kwara isn’t just about governance tho.. it’s more about dealing with Saraki…
Saraki is a leader, and I stand with his achievements anytime.
Pls do let me know when you are ready to travel to Kwara to verify the information..
Watch The Video