Crime

Generator Fumes Kill Two Hairdressers In Lagos

Tragedy struck in the Ogba area of Lagos State, on Monday, after two hairdressers, identified as Temitope Olagunju and one Baraka, were found dead in the shop where they worked.

PUNCH Metro learnt that a third woman, an apprentice, was found unconscious and rushed to a general hospital, where she is receiving treatment.

It was gathered that the three women had turned on the generator and were watching television.

Shortly after, it started raining and they took the generator to a small enclosure in front of the shop.

A few hours later, their boss’ husband went to the shop and met the three of them unconscious.

Punch correspondent learnt that he rushed them to a hospital, where two of them were pronounced dead and the third was admitted.

Temitope’s sister, Afusat, told PUNCH Metro that the deceased had been taken to Ilogbo, Ogun State, for burial in accordance with Islamic rites.

Punch was told that while the family was preparing Temitope’s corpse for burial, blood spurted out from her nostrils.
Pictures showed that the white cloth with which she was wrapped for burial was soaked in blood.

Afusat wondered why the case was reported at the Red House Police Station, Iju Ishaga, and not at a station around Ogba, where the incident happened.
“The police released the man immediately. When he was called to return to the station this morning, they only asked him to raise money for the burial,” she added.

Temitope’s parents, who live in Abuja, asked the police to investigate the incident further and not blame their daughter’s death on generator fumes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *